Thursday, December 29, 2011

Hiatus

With the new year just around the corner, I have been thinking about resolutions and my aspirations for 2012. And one of the things I've realized is that blogging is just not one of my priorities these days. In part, that's because my work schedule means I have less time and energy to devote to it. But in part, it's because this blog has never really found its voice. So after giving it a shot for six months, I've decided to take a break, to spend more time reading, maintaining my French, taking advantage of cultural events, and creating memories with my family, especially given that one of my kids will be leaving next fall for college. I'm not sure when or if I'll come back to this blog. If you want to reach me, my email address is justanotheramericaninparis@yahoo.com.

Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

  1. Well-stated on all counts, Anne. Look forward to your continued tweets and have no doubt you'll make the most of this precious final year with your oldest at home.

    Cheers and here's to 2012!

    CarolynB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to see you go. But as I predicted, writing/reading about an American's life in France is a lot more interesting than writing/reading about an American's life in Montgomery County ;-) As a parent who just saw his youngest off to college this Fall, I think I can safely say that your life over the next year or two will be plenty full without blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for leaving the door open - it's reassuring to know that this may be a hiatus rather than a final adieu because I'll miss reading about your days in DC.

    I have to admit, however, that I completely understand your decision to take a break. With both of our children here for the holidays, I realize that blogging wouldn't be a priority for me either if they still lived at home. You're wise to appreciate the time that you have together because things change dramatically when they're away at college.

    See you on Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Anne! Was just checking in today and saw this post. Yeahhhh, trust me, it is not just DC. I mean, I am here in Paris, and it just gets hard to blog, period, when there is a lot of real life going on. With your working and teen girls and readjusting to life in the US... well, I can imagine it does not leave much time or mojo for blogging. LIFE FIRST. BLOG LATER. I'm glad to see that you are following the Prime Directive of Blogging. :D

    I see you a lot on FB and Twitter as it is. I'm glad at least I can find you in those places. This blog is going on my updated blogroll anyway, because, well, you never know! Thank you for taking six months to give it a shot. Perhaps we'll see you back here, and perhaps elsewhere. In any case, thank you, and I hope that 2012 is off to a good start for you!
    xx
    Karin

    ReplyDelete