Monday, July 25, 2011

Separated at Birth?


It's not been a happy week in Washington as everyone agonizes over the debt ceiling negotiations.  Not that I'm a party to those talks but our family's bread and butter comes from a federal paycheck.  And guess who's handling our move?  The Bureau of the Public Debt.  No joke.  I just hope that the movers get here before the talks collapse and there's no one to pay the bill.

I'm no expert when it comes to body language but I'm struck by the physical similarities between Speaker Boehner and President Obama in this picture.  They're both dog tired and fed up with looking each other in the eye.  They're both in their DC uniform of blue blazer and button down shirts.  I imagine that the red ties were a casualty of too many hours at the office.  And I'm particularly struck by their skin tone:  Boehner's famous for his ever present tan which in this picture is not so far from Obama's coffee au lait colored complexion.  First African American president?  Hell yes.  But remind me why so many people seem to have a problem with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment